Mr. O’Keefe is member of the California (1986) and New York (1983) Bar Associations. He has been accorded the highest peer review rating by Martindale Hubbell (AV).
Mr. O’Keefe was selected for inclusion in the 20th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, in the practice area of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
He is a past Chairman of the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of the Orange County Bar Association and has written and presented on bankruptcy and insolvency matters for over twenty years.
- Bankruptcy, Workouts and Insolvency Matter
- Bankruptcy Litigation and Appeals
- “Adequate Protection After United Savings v. Timbers of Inwood Forest,” 16 Cal. Bankr. J. 8 (1988);
- “Post-Petition Perfection of Assignment of Rent Clauses Under 11 U.S.C. §546(b): A Creative Illusion,” 17 Cal. Bankr. J. 123 (1989);
- Panelist: 1990 Annual Conference of the California Bankruptcy Forum, “Converting Rents, Rates and Revenues Into Cash Collateral: New Challenges to an Old Alchemy”;
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, “What Price Justice: Is There an Exception to The Absolute Priority Rule?” February, 1993;
- National Business Institute Seminar, “How to Protect Secured Interests in Bankruptcy in California,” August, 1993;
- Orange County Bar Association, “Bankruptcy Issues Arising From Securitized Loans,” February 2002;
- Orange County Bar Association, “Nondischargeability Litigation: Selected Issues,” May 2002; and
- Panelist, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum Program: “Recovering the Loot: “Pursuing and Defending Fraud and Other Claims Against Insiders, Investors, and Aiders & Abettors In Bankruptcy Cases,” April 2009.
- Panelist, American Bankruptcy Institute, “Failing Lenders: Dueling Bankruptcy Cases”, March 2012.
- Panelist, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum and Chapman University School of Law, “Bankruptcy Code Section 523: A Comprehensive Seminar on All Aspects of Nondischargeability and Nondischargeability Litigation Under 11 U.S.C. Section 523”, April 2012”
Recognition & Honors
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America© list in the practice area of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
- Professional Associations & Community Involvement
- Orange County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section (Former Chair)
Dartmouth College, Bachelor of Arts 1980)
Fordham University School of Law (Juris Doctorate 1983)