Tavi C. Flanagan focuses her practice in the areas of bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, and business litigation. Ms. Flanagan represents debtors, trustees, and creditors’ committees in connection with bankruptcy cases, adversary proceedings, and related commercial litigation.
Ms. Flanagan has played principal roles in connection with numerous large Chapter 11 reorganization cases, and she has worked with clients to negotiate and implement plans of reorganization, to restructure their financial affairs, to maximize the value obtained through bankruptcy sales of business assets, and to emerge from the bankruptcy process as viable enterprises.
Ms. Flanagan received her undergraduate degree in 1989 from the University of California, Irvine, where she graduated with honors. In 1993, Ms. Flanagan earned her J.D. from the University of Southern California, where she was senior editor of the Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal and Major Tax Planning Journal and the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Real Property. From 1993 to 1994, Ms. Flanagan served as the law clerk to the Honorable John E. Ryan, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California.
- Bankruptcy, Workouts and Insolvency Matters
Professional Associations & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum
- Orange County Bar Association
University of California, Irvine (Bachelor of Arts 1989)
University of Southern California (Juris Doctorate 1993)
- Contributor, The ‘New Value’ Defense in Preference Actions, Orange County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- Contributor, Bankruptcy Litigation: A Workshop in Trial Strategy, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum Special Projects Committee
- Contributor, Advanced Evidence in Bankruptcy, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum Special Projects Committee
- Law Journal, Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal, Senior Editor
- Law Journal, Major Tax Planning Journal, Senior Editor
- California State Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California